We solve a circuit by writing Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law in terms of mesh currents. This video covers the first three steps of the Mesh Current Method.
The steps of the Mesh Current Method are,
- Identify the meshes (the open windows of a circuit).
- Assign a current variable to each mesh, using a consistent direction.
- Write Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law around each mesh.
- Solve the resulting system of equations.
- Solve for individual element currents and voltages using Ohm’s Law.
Created by Willy McAllister.