We complete the solution of a circuit using the Mesh Current method. This video covers steps 4 and 5 where we solve the system of equations for mesh currents, and reveals the element current in each individual resistor.
The steps of the Mesh Current Method are,
- Identify the meshes (the open windows of a circuit). Draw and name mesh current arrows in each mesh, using a consistent direction.
- Solve the easy mesh currents, the ones that pass through a constant current source.
- Write Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law around each mesh.
- Solve the resulting system of equations to get the mesh currents.
- Find the element currents and voltages with Ohm’s Law.
Created by Willy McAllister.