We complete the solution of a circuit using the Mesh Current method. This video solves the system of equations for mesh currents, and reveals the element current in each individual resistor.
The steps of the Mesh Current Method are,
- Identify the meshes (the open windows of a circuit).
- Assign a current variable to each mesh, using a consistent direction.
- Write Kirchhoff’s Voltage Law around each mesh.
- Solve the resulting system of equations.
- Solve for individual element currents and voltages using Ohm’s Law.
Created by Willy McAllister.