Multiple resistors in parallel can be combined into a single equivalent resistor.
Created by Willy McAllister.
- Compute the currents in the individual resistors. i1 = 3V/R1, i2 = 3V/R2, etc.
- Compute an equivalent parallel resistor for the four resistors using the parallel resistor formula from this video.
- Find the current flowing in the equivalent resistor. i_total = 3V/Requiv
- Compare the sum of individual currents to the current in the equivalent resistor.
- Click on DC to run the simulation. Does the simulator match your calculations?